Spreadsheets, as we all know by the name of Excel, are application software which stores data in tabular form, i.e. rows and columns. It was innovated in 1969 with the name LANPAR. Later that came Visicalc, and then Lotus 1-2-3 the famous spreadsheet software for DOS, and then todays Excel, Calc, etc.
Spreadsheets are very useful for database storage and analysis. It is easy to manage, store, share, transfer, etc.
Lets see what are the benefits of Spreadsheet softwares.
- Small in size, one single file, can be shared easily through email, cloud sharing, network, etc.
- Versatile, in terms of software can be opened and worked in any of the office softwares
- Versatile in terms of hardware, can be opened on Tablets, PC, Smart phones, etc.
- Versatile in terms of operating systems, can be opened in Windows, Linux, Mac, etc.
- Graphical user interface, easy to manage graphs, images, etc.
- No hardcore programming language required.
- No different environment, compiler or executor required.
- No installation required
- Easy to backup, just copy and paste.
- Saves HDD space.
- Solves purpose of small, medium and large scale organizations, homes, etc.
- Easy to learn.
- Easy Database Management
Our free to use spreadsheet softwares:
Author : Debashish Ray, Jalpaiguri, Bharat