Bengali’s are fond of sweets, and they does not need any occasion to eat their delicacies. My mother is a very good cook and hence I am starting this blog section with one of my mother’s bengali recipe. Today we are learning how to make Misty Aloor Puly Pithe.
It is a home made recipe and can be made very easily with basic ingredients and is very tasty to eat as well.
To start with, the ingredients required are :
Misty Aloo (Sweet Potato), mawa or grounded fresh coconut, sugar, some oil or ghee, water.
- Fry the mawa or grounded potato with sugar in ghee or oil and keep it ready to be put inside puly.
- Make some sugar syrup and keep it ready, to dip the puly into it.
- Boil some sweet potatos (misty aloo) and mesh it and make dough out of it.
- Make thick roti / chapati like structures, put the mawa or coconut mixture on the centre of it and seal it as shown in the image.
- Now golden fry these dumplings.
- Dip the dumplings (pulys) into the sugar syrup till you find that sugar syrup has entered the puly.
- Now the puly is ready to be served.
Eat it and enjoy it and write comment to us.
If you are also interested to open your own channel, and publicise your recipes, do not hesitate to contact us